Identify this Flattened Sea Glass?

by Lyn Johnson
(Seattle, Washington, USA)



I am super new to living by the ocean and want to know what these pieces of sea glass could be.

Some of them have writing or patterns.

One looks to be a tiny crushed valve/ bottle?

Any information as to what these could be would be super appreciated!

Also any tips or tricks to find more/better glass and beaches?

Or what I should generally look to find?

I oiled a few of them so the pattern was more visible for the picture, they are all very frosted if that helps.


See What to look for in a good beach. Land features, beach layout, the water...

Comments for Identify this Flattened Sea Glass?

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 24, 2016
Identify this flattened seaglass
by: Adele Price

I am no expert but your first piece does look like a little bottle which might have had a glass stopper in it – hopefully other people can give more information.

Your patterned pieces are really beautiful. Pics 3 and 4 look like the bottoms of glass bottles but I don’t know which kind.

I’m in England on the East Coast and I find most of my seaglass in amongst little pebbles or shingle on the strandline at low tide.

Good luck in future hunts and hope you enjoy it!

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Identify Your Sea Glass.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.