Frankston foreshore (Mornington Peninsula)
(Frankston, VIC, Australia)
I collect at this beach often, as it is my local area. Depending on tides, sometimes you'll get a really good find! At other times, only the lucky will find anything.
Colours found include vast browns and greens, some clear, and a few pieces of blue!
Majority of pieces are well-rounded and frosted.
Rate the beach:
--- Fair- 1 to 4 pieces of jewelry grade sea glass found per hour.
Here's what other Aussies say about their sea glass:
|We appreciate this and all reports we receive. However, when evaluating a report, use good judgment. |
As always, we remind folks that sea glass beach reports are not confirmed by Lin or me at Odyssey Sea Glass unless otherwise stated. Reports that do not include photos of the sea glass found are less reliable. So use your own judgement in deciding whether to travel to a particular beach or not.
- No photos were included with this report.
- This beach is in a closed bay - very little wave action, therefore less tumbling and rounding of the glass.
A reminder to all: Before evaluating the sea glass found, be sure and refer to the grading chart for "jewelry grade sea glass"
|AUSTRALIA - SEA GLASS HEAVEN! |
Where are all the Aussie sea glass collectors? Our beaches are a treasure trove of seaglass. My favourite cove-like beach is covered in millions of ...
|Sea Glass - Bottle Bottom |
Sep 30, 2009 ... Found off Queensland, Australian coastal Island the bottle is around 25cm long, with conical bottom, the dive shop has one similar, however ...
Enjoy Australia before and after you get there:
| ||Frommer's Australia (Frommer's Color Complete) |
- Hundreds of photos
- Easy-to-read maps throughout
- Exact prices, directions, opening hours,and other practical information
- Candid reviews of hotels and restaurants,plus sights, shopping, and nightlife
- Itineraries, walking tours, and trip-planning ideas
- Insider tips from local expert authors